Sunglasses - KD's - Original KD's - Day2Nite Lenses That ChangeSKU: KD2011 - LOC.31-21
X-KD Day2Nite 1011 - Grey Photochromatic / Black Frame
These lenses are dark outdoors in the daylight and lighten automatically to almost clear when worn indoors or at night
• 100% UV protection
• 100% Shatterproof polycarbonate lens
Yes, the sunglasses that Jax Teller and other Sons of Anarchy club members wear are The Original KD's®, made by Pacific Coast Sunglasses, Inc. KD's are The Original Biker Shades®. The Sons of Anarchy TV show chose our sunglasses because nothing screams biker like The Original KD's. KD's are the #1 Selling Biker Sunglass in the World and THE motorcycle riding glasses that bikers everywhere ask for by name. This little black framed sunglass has been extremely popular with bikers for over 60 years because they stay on your head and keep the wind out of your eyes by fitting tightly on the temples and nosebridge. And most importantly, KD sunglasses look cool. For those searching for polarized sunglasses you will be happy to know that we offer KD's with a polarized grey lens (#2019) as well as a lot of other color lenses. And by the way, KD's aren't just sunglasses for men; women love the performance, style and variety of lens colors KD's offer.
Bikers made them famous, but everyone loves The Original KD's®.
The Original Biker Shades®
- 100% UV protection
- Long slim arms for better peripheral vision
- Fits comfortably under a helmet
- Acetate frame with wire reinforced temples
- Ultra-tough Polycarbonate lenses
- Meets ANSI Z80.3 standards
- Total Frame Height 1-1/2" (3.81cm) Total Frame Width 5-1/4" (13.33cm)
Flying down the road on your motorcycle, feeling the sun, wind and speed; you've never felt more free or alive. What completes this picture? The number-one selling biker sunglasses in the world - The Original KD's. KD's not only protect your eyes from the elements, they embody the spirit of the rider. They are lightweight yet remain secure on the face, even at top speeds. Available in 22 different colors, there is an Original KD's sunglass meant for you. Come experience what so many riders have been sure about for over 60 years - The Original KD's are cool!
- 1. Photochromic lenses (Day2Night) work best after 7-8 cycles of changing from light to dark.
- 2. Photochromic lenses require UV (Ultraviolet) light to change. When exposed to sunlight, the lenses darken; in the absence of UV light, they remain clear or a very light tint. Because car and motorcycle windshields, face helmet shields, and clear lens wear over eyewear all have UV protection, photochromic lenses will not change under these conditions.
- 3. Photochromic lenses do not get quite as dark as a regular sunglass nor do they get completely clear as a regular clear lens.
- 4. Photochromic lenses do not work as well in very hot weather.